Stellar Industrial Supply Revamps its Sales and Commercial Team Leadership
Positions company for accelerated market growth; streamlines supplier and customer engagement structure and support for existing customers
Tacoma, WA, January 3, 2019 — Stellar Industrial Supply, which distributes more than 35,000 MRO (maintenance, repair and operation) products and tools from more than 1,500 brands for Safety, Metalworking, Marine Supply, Aerospace, and other general manufacturing and processing organizations, and also offers customized Indirect Material Management solutions, today announced several promotions and changes to its sales and commercial team leadership. The new structure positions Stellar for accelerated market growth while streamlining supplier and customer engagement for existing customers.
The following promotions occurred effective January 1, 2019:
- Colin Brown, formerly Industrial VP Sales & Business Development – NW Region is now VP Sales – National. In this newly created role, Colin will oversee all aspects of the company’s Commercial Team. He will also be a member of the company’s Senior Leadership Team.
- John Baker, formerly Metalworking Sales Manager is being promoted to VP Sales & Business Development – NW Region.
- Alfie Gallegos, formerly SW Sales Manager is being promoted to VP Sales & Business Development – SW Region.
- Michael Skramstad, formerly Solutions Operation Manager, is being promoted to Director of Supply Chain Solutions.
The following individuals have changed rolls & titles:
- Mitch Davis is now VP Sales Boeing.
- Phil Canipe is now VP Strategic Accounts.
- Brian Bassett is now VP Strategic Accounts.
“Stellar Industrial Supply has an excellent corps of Specialists who will now report to each Region’s VP Sales & Business Development, who in turn will report to Colin Brown. Colin Brown has proven to be a highly effective executive, he has great communication, coaching and collaboration skills. Under his leadership Stellar can go to a whole new level in terms of growth, customer and supplier engagement and building and developing our Commercial Team,” said Stellar Industrial Supply President and CEO John S. Wiborg.
About Stellar Industrial Supply
Founded in 1988 Stellar Industrial Supply distributes more than 35,000 MRO (maintenance, repair and operation) products and tools from more than 1,500 brands for Safety, Metalworking, and Marine Supply, general manufacturing and processing, machine and metalworking shops, and marine and construction organizations. Stellar also offers customized Indirect Material Management solutions; and a broad array of hand tools, power tools, cutting tools, abrasives, aerosol chemicals and paints, shop supplies, safety, marine and construction supplies. Stellar was named by Progressive Distributor Magazine ‘Distributor of the Year’ award for 2010; and was named by 3M as ‘2011 Premier Distributor of the Year’. Stellar is a proud member of Affiliated Distributors and the Industrial Supply Association. Stellar generated nearly $20 Million in customer approved documented cost savings in 2018.
Jerome, Bruhn & Associates